Improving Team Performance Using Belbin Team Roles
This programme has been designed to focus specifically on team purpose and team performance. The team will work towards having an action plan for delivering an agreed vision.
This intervention is appropriate for:
- Teams of between 6 and 10 delegates
- A new team embarking on the delivery of a new project
- A new team created from the merge of other teams
- An existing team embarking on the delivery of a new business plan or action
- Inclusion as part of a change management programme
The content of the intervention will focus on each team member profile, the strengths they bring to a team and how these can be effective in a deliverable. More specifically:
- Identify the deliverable
- Improve team performance by agreeing roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication throughout the team by having a better understanding of each other’s strengths and weaknesses, and utilising them
As part of the process, the team will identify a purpose that meets the wider business needs and objectives. On an individual level, responsibility for decisions and actions to be taken will also be identified.
Your key objectives for such an intervention might include, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Identify team function and individual ways of working – what we can do and what we need to achieve
- Team action plan to deliver our agreed purpose
- Find ways we can work together effectively – work to our strengths and manage our weaknesses
Identify team and individual behaviours necessary to work effectively
- Take responsibility for the decisions and actions to develop the agreed plan
Experienced trainer, Andie Brazewell administers the Belbin Team Role sessions for Garlands Corporate as a qualified Belbin trainer.
Call Garlands Corporate for further information on this programme on 01827 722201