This intervention is appropriate for:
- A new team embarking on the delivery of a new project
- A new team created from the merge of other teams
- An existing team embarking on the delivery of a new business plan or action
- Inclusion as part of a change management programme
The content of the intervention will focus on where the team are currently and what they need in going forward. More specifically:
- Identify team purpose, creating a vision of what they need to deliver
- Improve team performance by agreeing goals, direction and short term actions
- Improve communication throughout the team by having a better understanding of each other’s strengths and weaknesses, and utilising them
As part of the process, the team will identify a purpose that meets the wider business needs and objectives. On an individual level, responsibility for decisions and actions to be taken will also be identified.
Your key objectives for such an intervention might include, but not restricted to, the following:
- Identify team purpose and vision – what we can do and what we have achieved this year
- Team action plan to deliver our agreed vision
- Find ways we can work together effectively – work to our strengths and weaknesses
- Identify team and individual behaviours necessary to work effectively
- Take responsibility for the decisions and actions to develop the agreed plan
In designing the following day, we have focused on the two key issues; specifically team purpose and team performance. The team will work towards having an action plan for delivering an agreed vision.
1) Team Purpose
This engaging and interactive session will help the team identify their purpose within the commercial context of your business. This will help focus priorities for the team whilst considering moving the team forward as a business unit and developing individuals. They will also develop a functional plan for the year incorporating team and individual actions.
First of all we will look at current reality – what has the team achieved? And then work towards team aspirations and identify the implications for the team.
2) Team Performance
Facilitated sessions that explores answers to the following questions:
- What is working well in this team that enables a high performance culture?
- What can we do differently?
- What does high performance look, feel and sound like?
- How do I/we need to behave to deliver our purpose?
- What do I need to do to ‘Make it happen’?
With a clearly defined purpose, we will then introduce the Model of Team Performance and allow the team to explore answers to the questions above. This model came out of a number of years research by the MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and has been tried and tested to deliver clarity by agreeing processes and behaviours that match their vision.
It is also possible to link team development programmes to a long term CSR initiative, creating the opportunity for a ‘CSR real project‘ to deliver remarkable outcomes and publicity for your company.
Your dedicated Event Manager will discuss in detail the objectives of your event, all aspects of design and delivery, creating a package that meets your needs. Call now on 01827 722201.
DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS
CALL US ON
OR EMAIL US
"Super venue. The food was excellent and the staff were excellent. "
READ AUDI'S CASE STUDY »
"the best events are always delivered when you partner with venues that share your passion for excellence"
READ TEREX'S CASE STUDY »
"Great venue that we have used many times"
READ OAKLEY'S CASE STUDY »