The traditional sport of archery surrounded by countryside – in the Midlands 30 minutes from Birmingham, Leicester & Nottingham.
Archery is a superb sport and anyone can give it a go, whatever your age or abilities. Compete against your friends to see if you have what it takes to be an expert archer.
An ancient and technical sport of skill!
- Minimum age is 16
Test your skill and precision in this fun and challenging activity
The activity starts with a practice session to hone your technique, then it’s competition time. You’ll be using modern, Olympic-style equipment to score points by hitting targets.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or even if you could give Robin Hood a run for his money, our instructors will know how to take your skills to the next level.
A great idea as a gift, birthday experience or part of a multi-activity day, you can guarantee everyone in your group will enjoy this archery experience on the incredible site of Mythe Farm.
You’ll find us tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire and Leicestershire countryside, right in the heart of the Midlands between Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Nottingham and Burton Upon Trent – it really is the perfect location for an amazing day out!
Garlands provides all the equipment including bows, arrows and targets, however, you will need to wear appropriate clothing that covers arms and legs. When you arrive for your archery session, our instructors will take you through a thorough safety briefing so that you understand the rules.
Call our events team now to discuss how we can make your event the best ever on 01827 722201
Requirements & Safety
Garlands provides all the equipment including bows, arrows and targets, however, you will need to wear appropriate clothing that covers arms and legs. Loose fitting tops, scarves, large earrings and facial jewellery must be removed and long hair must be tied back. We also recommend you wear flat footwear or trainers; sandals and high heels are not suitable.
When you arrive for your archery session, our instructors will take you through a thorough safety briefing so that you understand the rules. As with all of our activities, we want everyone to have as much fun as possible, but we always put safety first. Some of the rules will include:
- No one should ever be in front of the bows and arrows when shooting is taking place.
- Should more than one archer be shooting at the same time, they must stand side by side, not one ahead of the other.
- Once each participant has finished shooting, they must await the instructor’s direction before approaching the target to collect the arrows.
- The point of the arrow should not be drawn past the edge of the bow.
- When collecting arrows after shooting, be aware that some arrows may be scattered in the grass.
- Stand to the side when pulling arrows out of the target. Check that nobody is standing directly behind you before doing this.
- You must never point an arrow at another person.
- Do not fire arrows straight up in the air.