DEVELOPING A VISION
A powerful, full day intervention for up to 12 delegates. Based on a tried and tested structure, it can be tailored to an individual team’s needs to bring clarity, focus, cohesion and dynamism to your team
Our tried and tested one day programme will:
- Develop a corporate vision
- Gain clarity on the strategic delivery of that vision
- Define individual actions to achieve this
The overall theme for this intervention is to develop a high performance culture and cohesive ways of working that focus on purpose and vision.
This intervention is appropriate for:
- An existing team embarking on the delivery of a new business plan or action
- Inclusion as part of a change management programme
The content of the intervention will focus on where the team are currently and what they need in going forward. More specifically:
- Identify team purpose, creating a vision of what they need to deliver
- Improve team performance by agreeing goals, direction and short term actions
- Improve communication throughout the team by having a better understanding of each other’s strengths and weaknesses, and utilising them
As part of the process, the team will identify a purpose that meets the wider business needs and objectives. On an individual level, responsibility for decisions and actions to be taken will also be identified.
Your key objectives for such an intervention might include, but not restricted to, the following:
- Identify team purpose and vision – what we can do and what we have achieved this year
- Team action plan to deliver our agreed vision
Find ways we can work together effectively – work to our strengths and weaknesses
- Identify team and individual behaviours necessary to work effectively
- Take responsibility for the decisions and actions to develop the agreed plan
Including a session on the MBTI® Step I Instrument can add value to the day and deliver real long term business benefit that is both measurable and achievable, if a training needs analysis has been completed prior to the intervention.
Call Garlands Corporate for further information on these programmes on 01827 722201.
The client asked Garlands Corporate to design a two-day team development session that would strengthen the workforce and bring the company closer together. With the focus on three of their key values of Passion, Inspire and Drive, they needed the team to further understand their vision.
Design and Delivery
The first day focused on three different themes; vision, teamwork and coaching. Each theme was introduced by a facilitator at the start of every session, along with any models or theories that were used by Britvic.
The aim was to develop a common understanding, commitment and engagement in realising the team’s vision – where they wanted and needed to be at the end of the day and how they would get there. Teamwork encouraged everyone to work to their strengths, communicate effectively and bring out the drive and ambition they needed to reach their goals. Coaching focused on improving each attendee’s personal performance and gave them support where needed when outside of their comfort zones.
The second day consisted of three creative, interactive and engaging discussion zones. This began with an initial creative briefing from a senior team member, designed to inspire and motivate the other delegates into action. The teams were then set to work with the facilitators to focus on how the activities from day one would enable them to convert their learning into the workplace.
The delegates really benefited from this intensive, two-day corporate team development session. They were able to express their creativity and have a lot of fun on the first day. On day two, they explored what they had learned about themselves, their colleagues and the company, and defined ways to create a more focused team with a single vision.